Monday 12 May 2014

Introducing W.

I'd like you to all meet W.

Let's start at the beginning.

I was travelling back from a trip late last summer, he was travelling back from business. I sit across from him at a train table, and yes, I probably do clock pretty quickly that he is rather attractive. Shallow perhaps, but true none the less.

Long story short, a messed up phone-call from my Ex, leaves me needing to unload on someone.

"My Ex is in hospital after a climbing accident, doctors say he should walk again though. . . "

Queue a 5 hour long conversation about everything and anything.

It's hard to describe the feeling when you connect with someone, and maybe I didn't even really feel it as much as I think I might've. He was a cool dude, but I'm forever befriending randomers, especially on long journeys. Most of them I never see again.

Ready for me to sound like a 14 year old school girl?

But he was different.

There, school girl moment over.

He wasn't different in a complementary, treated me like a princess kind of way. Quite frankly that shit never works for me, let alone on a train where it comes across as plain creepy. He was different in that he was more open than your average Joe. Perhaps a South African upbringing leads to a different attitude, or retrospectively, perhaps a number of vivid acid trips in his youth were more to credit for the outlook.

Whatever it was, by the time I alighted the train, numbers had been exchanged, a condom had been gifted to me following an interesting conversation, and we kissed goodbye.

I promise the rest of our story is nowhere near as soppy. Stick with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment